Founder & Principal Instructor
Giselle founded Bellydance Haven in Singapore in 2014 to spread her love of belly dance. She aims to empower her students through dedicated teaching and constant practice.
Besides imparting belly dance techniques to her students, the chief belly dance instructor at the school aspires to see increased confidence, refined poise and enhanced deportment in her students.
An avid learner of many different dance forms – Giselle had learnt from a young age contemporary dance, Chinese dance, ballroom, Latin and salsa, she became deeply attracted to belly dance because of its sensuality, elegance and grace.
Giselle was trained and influenced by belly dance masters around the world from Egypt, Hungary, Russia, Argentina, the Ukraine, Italy, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Korea, Hong Kong, China and many more. She is adept in various styles of belly dance and is able to incorporate props such as veils, fan veils and wings. Giselle believes in constant, diligent practice to further refine and elevate her skills.
In addition, she took part in and won the following competitions:
- Champion award, Professional Troupe category, World Bellydance Festival 2015 (Singapore)
- Fourth, Professional Troupe category, Miss Bellydance Malaysia 2017
She has also participated in the following:
- Asia Global Bellydance Competition, Amateur Solo, 2014 and 2015 (Singapore)
- Mabrouk Bellydance Competition, Professional Solo, 2015 (Seoul)
- World Bellydance Festival, Professional Solo, 2015 (Singapore)
Together with the team of belly dance instructors and performers at Bellydance Haven, Giselle has held various performances at company dinner and dance functions, concerts, parties, corporate and charity events.